Recipe by Joan Manthe
A great and easy way to make pork...the other white meat ;-)
Top Review by Joy1996
I made your pork chops again, Joan, but this time I didn't have any soy sauce on hand. However, I did have LaChoy's teryaki sauce and used it with fabulous results! Thanks again for a great recipe!
- 4 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons broth (chicken or beef)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Brown pork chops on both sides.
- Remove and add a little more oil if needed.
- Saute garlic for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl mix, oil, broth, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
- Put chops back in skillet.
- Pour sauce over them.
- Cover tightly.
- Simmer over low heat for 30-35 minutes (add 1-2 T of water if needed and turn once).
- Remove chops (keep warm).
- Stir in cornstarch that was dissolved in the water.
- Cook until thickened.
- Serve a little sauce over the pork chops.