1 hr 15 mins
You heat up the sauce ingredients on the stove top, pour over chicken parts in a baking dish and let the oven do the work! My MIL said she made this for company. I added sliced water chestnuts. Serve with rice. You can use Splenda sugar substitute for this (equivalents are on the box).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77-1814.36 g chicken parts, cut up
- 1In a large saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- 3Place chicken parts in a baking dish, skin side down (if you are leaving the skin on) or meat side down.
- 4Pour sauce over the chicken in the baking dish and bake in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour, basting several times if needed. After a half an hour, turn the pieces over and let the skin get crisp. If it is in too much liquid, remove chicken to a broiler rack and broil to finish.
- 5Serve with the sauce over the chicken and with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joan's Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.6
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 176.2 mg
- Sodium 1583.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 57.5 g