Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
You heat up the sauce ingredients on the stove top, pour over chicken parts in a baking dish and let the oven do the work! My MIL said she made this for company. I added sliced water chestnuts. Serve with rice. You can use Splenda sugar substitute for this (equivalents are on the box).
- In a large saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Place chicken parts in a baking dish, skin side down (if you are leaving the skin on) or meat side down.
- Pour sauce over the chicken in the baking dish and bake in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour, basting several times if needed. After a half an hour, turn the pieces over and let the skin get crisp. If it is in too much liquid, remove chicken to a broiler rack and broil to finish.
- Serve with the sauce over the chicken and with rice.