From the files of my MIL. She used to make it for company. This serves 6 but can be easily doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, crushed (or 1 tbsp. basil, fresh, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Cook pasta according to box directions, to al dente, and drain.
- 2Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the olive oil.
- 3Drain marinade from the artichokes into a 10" skillet and heat.
- 4Set the artichokes aside and cut into halves.
- 5Add the garlic and onions to the marinade liquid in the skillet and simmer until the onions are translucent.
- 6Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, herbs (except parsley), and salt.
- 7Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 8Uncover and cook another 10 minutes.
- 9Add the artichokes to the sauce mixture and heat for a few minutes.
- 10Remove the bay leaf and stir in the parsley.
- 11Remove the skillet from the heat and cool the sauce to room temperature. Once cooled, pour over the pasta and toss until well blended.
- 12Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top or serve along side the pasta.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joan's Artichoke and Pasta Salad With Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.0
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 594.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 11.7 g