1/1 Photo of Joanne's Spicy Shrimp Salsa
4 hrs 15 mins
Grace Lynn's Note:
This is my picky husband's favorite salsa. Sometimes he'll just eat the salsa by itself as a salad! This recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, "The Junior League Celebration Cookbook." Cooking time is refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large ripe tomatoes or 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/8 cup seeded and diced jalapeno pepper (about 4)
- 8 ounces small bay shrimp, cooked and shelled or 8 ounces medium shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Drop the fresh tomatoes into a small pan of boiling water for about 2 minutes or until the skins blister.
- 2Remove from the water, cool, and peel.
- 3Coarsely chop the fresh or canned tomatoes and place in a large bowl.
- 4Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 5Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 6Serve with baked tortilla chips or as a side dish.
- 7For a thicker salsa, combine all the ingredients except shrimp in a food processor; pulse 3 times or until desired consistency.
- 8Stir in shrimp.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joanne's Spicy Shrimp Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (716 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.1
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 173.7 mg
- Sodium 762.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 25.6 g