Recipe by BrendaBB
I got this recipe from my Mother In Law. They are my favorite Christmas cookies - light, melt in your mouth delicious. I use my cookie press to make them.
Top Review by Lil Missus
These had a nice flavor, and they were chewy but a little dry at the same time, and that was with 4oz of cream cheese instead of 3 (I just used a half of an 8oz pack). Got exactly 36 when dropping onto cookie sheet with dessert spoons. I then used a glass cup, dipped the bottom in powdered sugar, and flattened the cookies to a nice round shape. I then took a little star ornament, dipped in cinnamon, and pressed into the center of each cookie, and sprinkled generously with sugar before baking, which made them look really pretty. Wish I'd taken a picture!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together floour, salt and cinnamon.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add egg, vanilla and orange rind.
- Mix in flour mixture.
- Add food coloring if you desire at this point and form your cookies.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 12 minutes.