- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh yeast cakes or 1 package dry yeast
- 2 cups scalded milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Cool milk to lukewarm.
- Add yeast; stir.
- Add sugar.
- Beat eggs and pour milk, yeast, sugar and salt into eggs.
- Stir in the flour, a little at a time, and then the melted shortening.
- Beat well.
- Cover and let rise until double.
- Pour into well-greased muffin tins, cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes.
- Makes 24.