Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Decided to name something after you know who, HOPE will be an incentive to try...is LOW FAT too! Simple, delicious, easy as can be! HOPE someone's review soon we do see!
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 220 g peas
- 2 (415 g) canned tomatoes
- 2 (400 g) canned kidney beans
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 teaspoons coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 ounces low-fat Mexican cheese
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 green chili
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tortillas
- HEAT oven 180 degrees.
- BROWN meat in pan until brown; RINSE and DRAIN; return to pan.
- ADD green chilli diced, diced onion; COOK until soft.
- ADD kidney beans, canned tomatoes and tomato paste, frozen peas and spices; mix well; SIMMER uncovered 15 minutes.
- NOTE: If mixture appears to be dry, can add 1/2 cup water.
- Spray 2 Quart Casserole dish with no fat cooking spray.
- PLACE one tortilla, 1/2 the mixture.
- ADD another tortilla and rest of mixture.
- ADD third and top with cheese.
- BAKE 15 - 20 minutes until cheese has nice and brown.
- CUT into slices and serve with rocket and feta.
- NOTE: I used green chilli diced and included the seeds; can use red or green and deseed; personal preference.
- NOTE: Taste sauce and add spices according to personal taste (I like it HOT :) ).
- NOTE: Drain canned peas and kidney beans; I like to add veggies when I get :).