1/1 Photo of Joanne's Low Fat Beef and Bean Bake
Decided to name something after you know who, HOPE will be an incentive to try...is LOW FAT too! Simple, delicious, easy as can be! HOPE someone's review soon we do see!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1HEAT oven 180 degrees.
- 2BROWN meat in pan until brown; RINSE and DRAIN; return to pan.
- 3ADD green chilli diced, diced onion; COOK until soft.
- 4ADD kidney beans, canned tomatoes and tomato paste, frozen peas and spices; mix well; SIMMER uncovered 15 minutes.
- 5NOTE: If mixture appears to be dry, can add 1/2 cup water.
- 6Spray 2 Quart Casserole dish with no fat cooking spray.
- 7PLACE one tortilla, 1/2 the mixture.
- 8ADD another tortilla and rest of mixture.
- 9ADD third and top with cheese.
- 10BAKE 15 - 20 minutes until cheese has nice and brown.
- 11CUT into slices and serve with rocket and feta.
- 13NOTE: I used green chilli diced and included the seeds; can use red or green and deseed; personal preference.
- 14NOTE: Taste sauce and add spices according to personal taste (I like it HOT :) ).
- 15NOTE: Drain canned peas and kidney beans; I like to add veggies when I get :).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joanne's Low Fat Beef and Bean Bake
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.8
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 982.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat Mexican cheese