Recipe by Mimi in Maine
I don't know who Joanne is, but if I don't post it this way, I won't know what I'm looking for. I have had this recipe a very long time and have made it a lot. They are very good and makes a ton of muffins. You can have them fresh whenever you want by keeping a bowl in he refrigerator all the time. Bran is wonderful for you. I can't remember exactly how many they make, but because I have to put something, I am thinking it is about 4-5 dozen.
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (15 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal (put in last)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, adding the Raisin Bran Cereal as the last ingredent.
- Store in refrigerator for at least six hours before using.
- Use as needed.
- May be kept up to six weeks in refrigerator.
- Grease muffin tins and fill quite full.
- OPTIONAL: You could add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts to the batter or sprinkle on top if desired.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.