Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Saw Paula make this today and it looked scrumptious. Lemon cheesecake is spread with a lemon curd after baking. If you want, you can purchase the lemon curd. Imagine that - Paula making anything fat free. Sugar can be substituted for Splenda, if desired. Can't wait to try this.
- cooking spray
- 1 3⁄4 cups crumbled fat free vanilla wafers
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 cups Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 3 large eggs or 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg, plus
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Lightly spray a 9" springform pan with cooking spray.
- Mix crumbs and melted butter in a bowl.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden and crust is set.
- Cool on rack.
- Make filling: In large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high, beat cream cheese and sour cream for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in Splenda.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until incorporated.
- Beat in zest and juice.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 minutes, or until center is almost set, but still slightly jiggly. (Do not overbake, as it will firm as it cools).
- Let cool completely.
- Make lemon curd: In the top of a double boiler, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, egg yolk, and Splenda over gently simmering water.
- Whisk until hot and frothy, about 5 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in butter and continue whisking for 7 minutes or until thickened and coats back of spoon.
- Remove from heat and cool for 30 minutes.
- Run a thin blade around the edge of the springform pan and remove sides.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Spread lemon curd over top.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with raspberries, if desired.
- Cool cheesecake in refrigerator several hours or overnight before serving.
- Note: When I put just Splenda in the ingredients, it would not take it. I would not recommend using anything but sugar or Splenda in this - no other substitutes.
made this for a skinny girl party..what a hit ..and almost guilt free. I did use splenda and nilla wafers.yum. Thanks for sharing Marie.
I have made this several times, substituting low fat cream cheese, (can't get fat free where I live), and a sugar free graham crust. You would be hard pressed to know that this is a healthier cheesecake.