1/1 Photo of Joanna's Chocolate-Banana Muffins
Perfectionist cook's Note:
It is with a heavy heart that I reveal here after much serious thought my special chocolate-banana muffin recipe. I have made this hundreds of times, it is my kids' absolute favourite and the one I make at their birthday parties. To me it is muffin perfection, not overly sweet or rich but with a pronounced banana flavour and intense chocolate flavour. I got the original recipe off the internet years ago but have tweaked it so many times that it no longer resembles it in any way. Make sure you have very ripe bananas for this or you will lose half the magic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 295.73 ml plain flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa powder (the best quality you can find)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 small bananas (very ripe, no brown spots, mashed)
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml milk or 59.14 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- 118.29 ml dark chocolate chips (use good quality if possible)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- 2Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- 3Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- 4Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well with a fork.
- 5Spoon into a 12 hole paper-lined muffin tin.
- 6Bake for around 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- 7Cool in tray for 5 minutes and then remove and serve.
- 8These are even more decadent if you top them with a chocolate ganache frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joanna's Chocolate-Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.5
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 141.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g