Recipe by Acerast
Well as of this posting there are 116 other Banana Pancake recipes on Zaar - but after checking fastidiuosly I can post my daughter's favorite recipe knowing that it different than the others. Family-friendly and yummy describe these. They've been DD's favorites since she was 7.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 354.88-473.18 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 29.58 ml oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1 banana, ripe, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In a second bowl combine eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Spoon mashed banana into a 2 cup capacity liquid measuring cup.
- Pour in enough buttermilk to equal 2 cups of liquid.
- Add the banana and buttermilk mixture to the egg mixture; mix well.
- Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients; stir until the flour mixture is just moistenend (do not over-stir).
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lightly grease the skillet with cooking spray.
- Pour batter in 4-inch circles onto the hot griddle.
- Cook each side to golden brown.
- Repeat until all of the batter is used, using additional cooking spray as necessary.
- Serve with butter and your favorite syrup.
- Leftovers can be frozen and reheated in the microwave.
- Note: For fun you can add sliced banana or sprinkle chocolate chips or blue berries into the batter after you pour it onto the griddle.