Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just made this tonight, and I think it's the best spaghetti sauce I've ever tasted. Of course, I may be a bit biased. It's so good, I wasn't sure I wanted to contaminate it with the pasta. :D
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 kg ground beef
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (800 ml) can pasta sauce, No-name brand 'Zesty'
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and green pepper, and cook for about five minutes, or until the onions are soft.
- Add the gound beef, seasoning, and chilies. Brown the beef thoroughly.
- Add the sauce and ginger, stir, and bring the heat to minimum. Stir occasionally and let it cook while the spaghetti finishes.
This is an awesome pasta sauce! I do not like tomatoes at all and shy away from red sauce but this was delicious! I did use jar sauce instead of canned, other than that followed the recipe exactly. Thanks so much for a great recipe Joani Bond