Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I just thought this up tonight, and thought I'd post it before I forgot, and it might change a bit.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (500 g) packages lean ground beef
- 1 (800 ml) can whole tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons beef stock mix
- 10 cups water
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 orange bell peppers, chopped
- 3 large potatoes, cubed
- Heat the oil in a large stock pot.
- Add the onions and garlic, and cook, stirring regularily, for five minutes.
- Add the beef, and stir until browned.
- Add the tomatoes, water, brouillon, and paprika.
- Stir until mixed, increase heat to a boil.
- When it's boiling, decrease the heat, cover, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the peppers and potatoes, and let it continue to cook for 15-20 minutes more.
- Bon appetit!
This stew was good, but the broth was too thin for my tastes. I ended up straining off a fair amount of the broth, adding corn starch, flour, beef bullion and onion soup mix, then adding it back in. Next time, I think I'll just use less water.