This recipe from Josie Slonaker of Corpus Christi was judged Best of Show at the Texas Prickly Pear Council's 1992 festival cookoff. It appears in Cookin' with Cactus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 large red onions or 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 4 large nopalitos cactus pieces, with thorns and eyes removed,diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 -2 serrano pepper, chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing (sweet, red French salad dressing)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
- 1Combine all ingredients except chips, and chill at least 2 hours.
- 2To serve, place salad in a large bowl set on a platter, and arrange chips around bowl.
- 3Use chips to scoop up salad.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joanie's Cactus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (2439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.7
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1253.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: