Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 mins
Asparagus Salad by Florence Lin from her Chinese cookbook
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 quart water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger juice (optional)
- Cut off tough end of asparagus. Simpy start cutting the asparagus from the tip down until the spears become too tough to cut with a reasonably sharp knife. Discard the tough ends.
- Bring water to boil then parboil the carrots for 4 mintes then add the Asparagus and continue to boil 2 more minutes. Drain well and place in serving bowl while hot then add the dressing, mix well and toss.
- Serve hot.
- To serve cold, rinse vegetables when you remove with cold water. Drain well then add dressing.
- To obtain juice put ginger thru a garlic press.