Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A more healthy version of my regular chili.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon california chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 15 1⁄4 ounces kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium black beans
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- Brown ground turkey along with diced onions. Add all seasonings, tomato sauce and tomatoes. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add kidney beans, black beans and green bell pepper.
- Simmer another 30 minutes until green bell pepper is tender.