Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have been on a quest to find the best (at least my family's favorite) sweet potato pie. This has been the reigning champion to all since 1992. At Thanksgiving, I cook it and a new contender each year. I am adding strong contenders to my cookbook as well.
- 354.88 ml mashed, cooked sweet potatoes
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar or 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml freshly grated nutmeg
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Blend sweet potatoes with butter.
- Add eggs, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and cinnamon; stir in milk.
- Turn into pastry shell and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
I liked this recipe, it came out good, but I like mine a little sweeter. So, you might have to adjust sugar to taste. It was a very pretty pie.
was very good! My kids LOVED it :)
Good pie. Will use a little less sugar next time. Thanks.