Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have been on a quest to find the best (at least my family's favorite) sweet potato pie. This has been the reigning champion to all since 1992. At Thanksgiving, I cook it and a new contender each year. I am adding strong contenders to my cookbook as well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed, cooked sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar or 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Blend sweet potatoes with butter.
- Add eggs, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and cinnamon; stir in milk.
- Turn into pastry shell and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
I liked this recipe, it came out good, but I like mine a little sweeter. So, you might have to adjust sugar to taste. It was a very pretty pie.
was very good! My kids LOVED it :)
Good pie. Will use a little less sugar next time. Thanks.