Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is so simple, it's embarrassing when people ask to the recipe! It is quite addictive, too.
- 2 (18 ounce) bags small pretzels
- 1 (1/2 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix (original buttermilk)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottleorville redenbacker popcorn oil
- 1 teaspoon spice islands or mccormick lemon pepper
- Mix dry salad dressing mix, oil, and lemon pepper.
- Put pretzels in a HUGE container.
- Pour oil mixture over pretzels and toss very well.
- Let sit and toss again every half hour or so for two hours.
- Bag up and HIDE!
I make a similar recipe, except I use the small pretzel twist , spicy ranch packet, colemans dry mustard, garlic powder, lemon pepper & canola oil. I eye ball the measurements then I mix in a very large bowl , pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet to dry for about an hour then I store them in an " UTZ" pretzel container that I purchased from SAMS. My husband loves these little guys and he lets me know when the stash is getting low lol....
Like other reviewers, I let this mix sit a few days. It still seemed a tad oily, so just before serving, I put it in a brown grocery bag, shook it around, and let it absorb any excess oil. Personally I thought this mix was too salty, but it was heartily eaten by guests. I followed a reviewer's suggestion of adding chex cereal to it as well (50/50 mix).
I've made this a dozen times but without the lemon pepper, we used dill. I think the small round pretzels are the best because they hold the tasty stuff better. They do taste better on day 2 or 3 if you can save some for later. My sister also started making it with regular oil and some butter buds, I think about a Tablespoon or so.