Recipe by Weejee
A great meal for when it's even too hot to BBQ - or a great lunch. If you use whole wheat couscous I believe that this salad can also be eaten on the Weight Watchers' Core Plan.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, bring 1¼ c water to boil, stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes Fluff with fork.
- In large bowl, combine couscous, chickpeas, parsley, onions, tomato, red pepper and zucchini.
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cumin, turmeric and hot pepper sauce; toss with salad until combined. Sprinkle with feta cheese before serving. Or you can omit feta cheese altogether for those who don't like it.