Recipe by Burgundy Damsel
Found this in the Small Batch Baking cookbook. The cookies were larger than I expected, flatter and crispier than I usually like mine, but it was nice to have the measurements for a small batch on hand.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon butter (at room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon egg (well beaten or use egg substitute)
- 1 teaspoon egg (well beaten or use egg substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Place four, baking soda and salt in small bowl and whisk to blend.
- Place butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in medium size bowl and beat on low until blended (about 20 sec).
- Add beaten egg and mix 10 sec.
- Stir in flour mixture by hand; stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tbsp quantities of batter onto baking sheet, spacing 3 inches apart.
- Bake 14 to 15 min or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.