Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This sauce is robusting with flavor, umm ummm:)
Make and share this JJ's Red Wine Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (24 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 -3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- I prefer to simmer my sauce in a crock pot.
- In the Crock pot add the spaghetti sauce cover and place on
- In a saute pan add olive oil and place on medium heat.(make sure oil is hot before adding anything. (Decrease or increase heat if nessesary) add onions let saute for 5 minutes. Turn heat down to low
- Then add minced garlic Bay leaves, salt, pepper, sugar onion powder, garlic powder and italian seasoning,onions should become.
- golden at about 10 to 15minutes. Add tomatoe paste to saute pan combine with the sauted onions.
- . Paste should become dark in color about 10 minutes. Now add wine, blend into paste stir occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn paste into sauce, stir occasionally with a wooden spoon for 5 to 6.
- hours. But it's one of those things, that's better the next day:).