Recipe by troublejul
So it's another night of trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I look in the pantry and i see ramen noodles. I think great that's easy and quick well,, DH wanted more so he decided he wanted little smokies to go with it... I didnt think the idea of smokies floating in soup sounded appetizing so i came up with this new recipe and low and behold it was a great hit.
Top Review by Red Chef Mama
This was good! I did change it a little, I didn't add the seasoning packets to the noodles I added them into the soup. I also drained the water from the noodles before mixing them in...I wanted it to be more creamy than soupy, and I cut the lil smokies in half and cooked them with the onion and garlic for more flavor and to save a pan! :) Thanks alot for posting this recipe, it was good and a nice budget saver!
- 1 (16 ounce) package Little Smokies sausages (or any other meat)
- 4 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (I used chicken)
- 1 large onion
- 1 (12 ounce) bagshredded cabbage
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream soup (I used mushroom)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely dice one large onion.
- Using a large frying pan, add olive oil, margarine, and crushed garlic and let saute for a few minutes.
- Add diced onion to the pan and let it simmer until golden brown.
- Add your shredded cabbage to the frying pan and let it get golden brown.
- In the meantime, Boil water for the ramen noodles and follow the directions on the package.
- After cabbage and onion mixture is golden, add your ramen noodles to the pan and incorporate the onion and cabbage mixture.
- Mix milk and cream soup together and add to the pan. Let simmer for a few minutes and add the parmasan cheese.
- Using a small frying pan ,,warm and slightly brown the little smokies.
- Serve noodles and smokies together for a great meal.