Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was found in Whole Food's Salud cooking newsletter. I'm always game for a new poke recipe, so this will be one to try soon. Keep Ahi very very cold before prepping, and work quickly to avoid it warming up. You can even refrigerate the mixing bowl or put it on ice to keep the fish cold. This is important because the texture of the Ahi will degrade quickly if it warms up at all.
- 12 ounces fresh ahi tuna
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons alaea hawaiian sea salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon nori, cut in small pieces (seaweed)
- With a very sharp knife, dice Ahi into approx 3/4 inch cubes.
- Then mix it with all other ingredients without over-mixing.
- You can serve this with the taro chips.