Prep 2 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
Why do I like this recipe? I like this recipe because, it's hearty, It's full of flavor, It's a great comfort food, and most important people love it. This particular recipe came from myself. My advice is make sure you have the time it takes to make this.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 chicken thighs
- 8 -10 potatoes
- 3 (14 3/4 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups bacon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 -3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Par boil potatoes, dice medium onion fine and saute about 5 minutes on medium heat then add sugar saute for another 10 minutes.
- onions should be golden. Drain set aside.
- Put milk in Crock pot on warm to heat. Saute bacon,until crisp.
- stain off grease and chop into medium to small pieces set aside.
- In a 5 qt stock pot have enough water to cover chicken. Season the water with kosher salt to taste, cut up small onion add to water and add 1/2 tsp of each of the following: Poultry season, thyme, marjoram, bay leaves pepper. Cook chicken for 15 minutes. save a 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- making a rue: using a whisk melt butter on medium heat and add flour a little at a time whisking constantly until smooth Add sauted onions.
- . and then add the 1/2 and 1/2 a little at a time stirring constantly until it it come to a simmer turn down to low heat until it sarts to thicken. Turn half and half mixture into crock pot a little at a time blend well. Add chicken broth, chicken, potatoes, and corn let simmer on warm for at least 3hrs.
- light simmer.