Recipe by jjobrien68_12559885
Why do I like this recipe? I like this recipe because, it's hearty, It's full of flavor, It's a great comfort food, and most important people love it. This particular recipe came from myself. My advice is make sure you have the time it takes to make this.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 chicken thighs
- 8 -10 potatoes
- 3 (14 3/4 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 5 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups bacon
- 5 1⁄2 cups butter
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 -3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Par boil potatoes, dice medium onion fine and saute about 5 minutes on medium heat then add sugar saute for another 10 minutes.
- onions should be golden. Drain set aside.
- stain off grease and chop into medium to small pieces set aside.
- Boil chicken (White meat 7 to 8 minutes and dark meat bone in for for 15 minutes)Season the water with kosher salt to taste, cut up small onion add to water and add 1/2 tsp of each of the following: Poultry season, and thyme, bay leaves pepper. save chicken broth. Removed cooked chicken and let cool. place chicken broth in fridg to cool. Cut chicken length wise place into chicken broth for at least 2 hours. Then cube up chicken.
- making a rue: using a whisk melt butter on medium heat and add flour a little at a time whisking constantly until smooth Add sauted onions and bacon.
- . and then add the 1/2 and 1/2 a little at a time stirring constantly until it it come to a simmer turn down to low heat until it starts to thicken. Turn half and half mixture into crock pot blend well. , chicken, potatoes, and corn let simmer on warm for at least 3hrs. chill over night. reheat next day.
- light simmer.