Recipe by thegoldminer
I learned this recipe from my mother 50 years ago. The recipe is always asked for. A great hint of lemon and if you nuke a slice the next day for about 16 seconds it becomes light again just like when it was baked. I have edited the recipe as a couple of points were not clear to two others who baked the cake. I have step by step pics at http://www.grouprecipes.com/46411/cheese-cake-supreme.html
Top Review by QueenBee49444
Delicious flavor and great fluffy texture. I was concerned with the cracks in the top but the topping concealed the flaws. The directions were a little out of order - the crust should be prepared before making the cheesecake. I also wondered what a "cube" of butter is so I used another graham cracker crumb crust recipe. This was very good - I will make again! Made & enjoyed for PAC, Spring 2009
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon real vanilla
- 36 graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cube and 3 tbsp melted butter (one cube is 1/4 pound)
Directions See How It's Made
- First! make the graham cracker crust listed below. Line the 9 inch springform pan as described below.
- Set out 3 - 8 ounce large containers of Philadelphia cream cheese (prefer kraft) and allow to warm to room temperature.
- Beat 4 eggs very smooth. Add 1-cup sugar and beat.
- Add 1 teaspoon real vanilla and rind (zest) and juice of 1 lemon to eggs and beat lightly.
- Break up cream cheese into bowl of eggs and beat very smooth. It may take up to 20 minutes to get it real smooth.
- Using the 9 inch spring form pan lined with the graham crist pour mixture in and bake at 375 for 40 minutes on middle rack. Reset oven temp to 475. Remove and cool for “10” minutes. I place a large sheet of foil on the lower rack to catch an butter that may escape from the pan. After ten minutes spoon on following topping carefully spooning the mix around the edge first then into the middle. The middle is always a little softer than the outside so spread gently.
- Spread this mix: ½ pint sour cream mixed with 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 tablespoon real vanilla.
- Place cake back in oven that was reset to 475 and cook for 5 minutes. remove and let cool. Place in refrigerator to set up.
- crum crust:.
- 36 graham crackers.
- 2 tablespoons sugar.
- 1 cube (1/4) lb plus 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Mix ingredients together and layer bottom of spring form pan. Gently press small amounts around the sides. Pour in cake mix and bake as above.