Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple, fast, 4 ingredients, taste wonderful. I first had these at my friends wedding reception 40 years ago, and fell in love with them.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 14 ounces ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) cancheap beer (Non Alcoholic beer can be substituted.)
- 1 cup white sugar
- Make your meatballs about quarter sized, and either fry or bake them draining grease well.
- In a deep saucepan or crock pot put in the sugar, ketchup, and add beer. Mix well until sugar is pretty well dissolved.
- Add in the cooked meatballs, and simmer with lid ajar on stovetop for 30-45 minute Or simmer in crockpot on low for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Be sure to stir a couple of times.
- Sauce will thicken, and smells almost like sweet and sour sauce.
- My friends like them over spaghetti noodles, and mashed potatoes.
- These freeze well for future use.
Delicious! I used frozen meatballs from market and used 2/3 cup xylitol instead of sugar. I will make it again.
These are so easy to so, and I did a substitution with Splenda Baking mix so it was 1/3 & 1/2 sugar & Splenda.
The family wants me to do spare ribs in the same sauce!