Jiyou Jun Chao Ji (Chicken Stir-Fry With Mushrooms)
- Whisk together stock, sherry, cornstarch, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together chicken, cornstarch, sherry, salt, pepper and egg white. Let sit for 30 minutes and then drain.
- Heat oil in a 14 inch flat-bottomed wok or high-sided skillet over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer reads 300 degrees F. Add chicken and fry, stirring gently and constantly, until it turns white and is cooked through (45 seconds).
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a large colander and set over a bowl to drain. Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Add chanterelles to oil and fry, stirring often, until barely soft (30 seconds). Using a slotted spoon, transfer to colander with chicken to drain then set aside.
- Discard all but 1 tbsp oil and return wok to high heat. Add scallions, chiles, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (10 seconds).
- Add sauce and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened (20 seconds). Return chicken and chanterelles to wok and toss with sauce until well coated.
- Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with sesame oil, and serve with rice.