Jiyou Jun Bao Ji (Chicken With Mushrooms)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces chanterelle mushrooms, halved
- 4 ounces ham, cut into 1/4 inch matchsticks
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 scallions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 whole chicken legs, separated
- 1 serrano chili, stemmed halved lengthwise
- 1 piece ginger, thinly sliced (1 inch)
- 1 dried arbol chile, stemmed crushed
- cooked rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, ginger and pepper. Set sauce aside.
- Place chanterelles, ham, stock, sherry, sugar, garlic, scallions, chicken, Serrano pepper, ginger, and chile de arbol in a 4 qt Dutch oven and then bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until chicken is tender (45 minutes).
- Serve stew with rice and dipping sauce.