1/8 Photos of Jivin Jerk Shrimp Salad
1 hr 10 mins
For World Tour 3, The Jivin Jelly Rollers have come up with a fantastic salad recipe. We have paired spicy Jerk seasoned grilled shrimp with sweet pineaple and black beans and topped it off with a cool coconut lime dressing. This salad will knock your socks off and have you dancing to the Carribean beat in no time. This recipe uses http://www.recipezaar.com/95953 for the Jerk Seasoning. Note: you may substitute Light Coconut milk or use this substitution if you can't find coconut milk. 1 cup low-fat milk + 1/4 tsp coconut extract = 1 cup light coconut milk. Also we think this salad would also be great with chicken instead of shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or lite substitute listed above)
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons rum (or 1 t rum extract)
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb large shrimp (shelled and deveined and tails off)
- 2 -3 tablespoons caribbean jerk seasoning (recipe listed above)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained and juice reserved)
- 1 large sweet pepper (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 4 scallions (cut into 1 inch pieces, green tops disgarded)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 8 cups lettuce (shredded)
- metal skewers or bamboo skewer, soaked in water
- 1Make http://www.recipezaar.com/95953.
- 2Set aside.
- 3**Just a note of caution. When cutting hot peppers use gloves. Do not touch fingers to mouth or eyes.
- 4Place shrimp in a zip top bag. Add 2 to 3 T. of jerk seasoning and alow to marinate at least 30 minutes
- 5Meanwhile make dressing, by mixing all dressing ingredients and put in fridge to let flavors marry. (Pineapple juice is from the reserved juice for the salad).
- 6Place 2 cups lettuce in each of four plates.
- 7Divide black beans equally among plates and put in fridge.
- 8Heat grill to med high.
- 9Skewer pineapple, green peppers and onion equally among 4 skewers.
- 10Skewer shrimp equally among 4 skewers.
- 11Place pineapple skewers on grill about 5 mins before shrimp. These will take about 5 mins per side.
- 12Place shrimp skewers on grill and grill 3 to 4 mins per side, or until opaque.
- 13Layer one skewer of shrimp and one skewer of pineapple and vegetables on lettuce and beans, top with dressing and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jivin Jerk Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.2
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 147.8 mg
- Sodium 797.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
caribbean jerk seasoning