1/1 Photo of Jivey Chivey New Potatoes
From Bon Appetit April 1996. Question: Do you see any butter in this recipe?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, rinsed well (I used potatoes about the size of a golf ball)
- 2 fresh bay leaves (dried okay)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh chives (NOT dried chives) or 1/2 cup green onion (NOT dried chives)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1In a heavy saucepan, combine the broth, potatoes and bay leaves. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover pan partially and simmer until the potates are tender. This will probably take about 15 minutes.
- 2Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked potatoes to a serving bowl. Add the white wine to the broth and bring to boil. Boil until reduced to 1/3 cup, approximately 12 minutes.
- 3Remove bay leaves. Return potatoes to saucepan.
- 4Stir the potatoes over medium heat until heated through, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the fresh chives just before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Transfer to serving bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jivey Chivey New Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.2
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 571.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g