From Bon Appetit April 1996. Question: Do you see any butter in this recipe?
Make and share this Jivey Chivey New Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, rinsed well (I used potatoes about the size of a golf ball)
- 2 fresh bay leaves (dried okay)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives (NOT dried chives) or 1⁄2 cup green onion (NOT dried chives)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the broth, potatoes and bay leaves. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover pan partially and simmer until the potates are tender. This will probably take about 15 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked potatoes to a serving bowl. Add the white wine to the broth and bring to boil. Boil until reduced to 1/3 cup, approximately 12 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Return potatoes to saucepan.
- Stir the potatoes over medium heat until heated through, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in the fresh chives just before serving. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve.