Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Mexican Family Cooking. This is best if the vegetables are chilled.
- 59.14 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 1.23 ml minced garlic
- 59.14 ml ice water
- 59.14 ml white onion, thinly sliced
- ice water
- romaine lettuce leaf
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 59.14 ml capers, drained and rinsed
- Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Strain and set aside.
- Place onion slices in ice water to cover.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Line a chilled serving platter with romaine leaves, preferably the pale inner leaves for color contrast.
- Place tomatoes on top of lettuce.
- Top with onion slices.
- Top with capers.
- Spoon dressing over salad.