Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
What a cheery way to begin the holidays! Garnish with a candy cane, maraschino cherry and slices of orange for a festive presentation. Discovered in the December 2007 edition of Southern Living Magazine.
- 5 cups orange juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 1⁄2 cup orange liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry juice
- fruit flavored candy cane, stick
- cherries, with stems
- orange slice
- lemon slice
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir.
- Serve over ice and garnish as desired.
- To Make Rudolph's Spritzer:.
- Omit vodka and orange liqueur.
- Add 2 cups chilled lemon-lime soft drink (like Sprite or Sierra Mist).
- Proceed as directed above.
This drink is SO good! I think the lemon juice helps to cut the sweetness that this might otherwise have. I garnished with an orange candy cane and Chef #58104 's Drunken Cherries Aka Cherry Bomb. I used grenadine instead of the cherry juice as my cherry juice was "Drunken"! I cut it down to 4 drinks with 2 cups orange juice, 3 ounces vodka, 1-1/2 ounces orange liqueur, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and about 1 teaspoon of grenadine. Nice recipe ANY time of the year!
This very tasty citrus punch is being enjoyed by all this evening. Obviously, I went with the alcoholic Jingle Juice version. Yum! Thanks Bev!
Had a hard time cutting it down to 2 drinks but hubby helped me.It was excellent.