Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Jing Tu means capital city in Chinese, which is Beijing the home of this tasty dish. This recipe is from Martin Yan's cookbook. If you can't find 1/4 inch thick pork chops buy them thicker and pound them.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 pork chops, about 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- To make the marinade combine the soy sauce, wine and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Add the pork chops and turn to coat let stand for ten minutes. To make the seasoning sauce, combine the ketchup, sweet and sour sauce, Worcestershire sauce and sugar in a bowl.
- Place a wide frying pan over high heat until hot.
- Add the oil, swirling to coat the sides.
- Add the pork chops and cook until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes each side.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the seasoning sauce; cook, stirring, until the sauce is reduced and thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Delicious and easy weeknight supper! I made 3 chops but used the same amount of ingredients for the marinade and sauce ... I wasn't sure which wine to use, so I just used a red, and I didn't have sweet and sour sauce so I used 3 tbsp. 100% fruit apricot preserves + 1 tbsp. cider vinegar. Since my chops were about 3/8" thick, I cooked them a little longer (and I think they marinated a little longer, too), and they were tender and juicy with a wonderful flavor. I made them for my fiance; he really, really liked them (and even though I don't really eat meat, I tried a little piece for the sake of being able to do the review). It's going to be a very popular dish around our house ... easy for me and delicious for him! Thanks for posting this, Jason!
I have made this several times. It is such a quick and easy recipe and so very good. I make it exactly as written and always have good results. Thanks Animate Me
Very simple and quick! I put the rice in the rice cooker, stir fried broccoli and prepared the chops all in less than 1/2 hour. Great for a week night meal. Thanks Animate Me :)