Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich butter pastry, filled with fruit filling.
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk, warmed
- 2 (6 ounce) canssolo fruit filling
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine egg yolks, yeast, evaporated milk and sugar. Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl combine flour, salt, butter with a pastry blender.
- Combine two mixtures into one.
- Flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll ont 1/4 of dough at a time.
- Roll until 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into squares that are 2X2 inches.
- Place about 1 tsp of Solo on each square.
- Fold all corners up to middle to form a package.
- Place on ungreased sheet pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until light, golden brown.
- Remove from oven and dust with powdered sugar.
- Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes, remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough.