Recipe by Maryland Jim
I've had this for years. Don't remember where I found it, but it's an old one.
Top Review by arubycowgirl
Found this sometime ago and thought i would never use it, but grew more zucchini then i knew what to do with. so i tried this and got ooohs and ahhh from everyone that recieved a jar.I'l definetly be making this every year.Gwen
- 10 cups zucchini, grated & packed tight
- 4 cups onions, shredded & packed tight
- 1 large red pepper, shredded
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 1⁄4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place vegetables in a large bowl and cover with cold salt water (3 Tablespoons salt). Let stand overnight. Drain off water and rinse with cold water, drain well.
- In large pan, combine sugar, vinegar, and spices. Bring to a boil; add vegetables and cook 30 minutes.
- Fill prepared jars with hot relish. Seal and process 15 minutes in hot water bath. Makes 5 pints.