Recipe by Sharon123
My husband loves this salad and so I'm posting it here for safekeeping. I hope you enjoy it as much as he does!
Top Review by littlemafia
I had to leave out the artichokes since I cannot get them.I really liked the addition of sesame oil.Made it for Jim's cookathon.Posting recipes that he liked is a good way of remembering him.
- iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes (I use Roma)
- 3 ounces tuna
- 2 -3 marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon water
- salt and pepper
- alfalfa sprout (to garnish, or sprouts of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put desired amount of lettuce in a bowl.
- Add the tomato, artichoke hearts, cucumber,egg if using.
- Distribute tuna over the top.
- Mix together mayonnaise and sesame oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 to 2 tsp water to thin just a little.
- Pour over salad and top with alfalfa sprouts.
- Makes 1 serving.
- Note: my husband also likes a little cottage cheese in this salad too.
- Put on top of tuna.