Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Honey roasted nuts
- 10 cups pecan halves (or any other nut or combination)
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Combine butter, honey, cayenne and half the cinnamon in saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Toss nuts in honey mixture until fully coated.
- Spread coated nuts onto a greased sheet pan (pan spray works well here).
- Bake 325° in conventional oven (no fan) for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine remaining cinnamon and sugar in large bowl, add honeyed nuts and toss until fully coated.
- Cool, and store in an airtight container.