Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Raitas combine fruits or vegetables with yogurt to provide cooling accompaniments to spicy dishes. In the vegetarian households that traditionally serve raita, it has a double function -- it acts as a refresher and a digestive at the same time.
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon toasted cumin seed
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- Combine all ingredients.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving, allowing flavors to mingle.
This is definitely a new taste for me-but a very good side with spicy food. I also used cumin powder as did the previous reviewer, since I could not find the seeds. I thought it worked well. The main flavor was mint, which makes this very cool and refreshing. Thanks!
Very nice! This is refreshing and easy to make. It was great alongside a curry dish. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 35
Lovely and cooling with a spicy curry! I used a Japanese cucumber so I didn't peel or seed it. Thank you for posting this recipe.