Recipe by jimmcd-01
This is a salad that my wife and I have prepared as a main dish for ourselves for over twenty years. Many guests have praised it for the simplicity and how satisfiying it is to eat.
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 head red leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 head green leaf lettuce
- 1⁄2 bunch romaine lettuce hearts
- 4 large radishes
- 1 large carrot
- 2 tomatoes
- 1⁄4 lb ham steak (deli ham slices optional)
- 1⁄4 lb turkey breast (deli turkey slices optional)
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 lb colby cheese (cheddar opitional)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred or chop the iceberg, red leaf, green leaf and romaine lettuce.
- Slice the radishes into thin slices.
- Grate the carrot (jullienne optional).
- Dice the tomatos or cut into wedges.
- Slice the hard boiled eggs crossways into rounds.
- Slice the swiss and colby cheese into thin strips about 1/4 x 1/4 inch thick and 1-1/2 to 2 inches long.
- Add the prepared lettuce, radishes and carrot to a large bowl and toss together.
- Let induviduals fix their own salad by placing the lettuce, radishes and carrot mixture on their plate and adding the diced tomato, ham, turkey, egg, and cheese to their plate.
- Add garbanzo and/or kidney beans, top with sunflower kernels.
- Top with your favorite salad dressing.