Recipe by jrtfan
An easy spicy appetizer. I had to beg my friend to get this recipe from him. I have no idea where he got it. My grandchildren aren't fond of it, but most adults rave about it! (Oct, 08 I made this the other night again and decided to try it with some angel hair pasta tossed in. Made a great cold pasta salad!)
Top Review by Ratalouille
I made this for "Tex-Mex Food Challenge. It is sooo goood! I love shrimp! The Italian dressing gives it a nice tang and the rest of the ingredients give it the spice, especially the hot pepper sauce (I too, added more than 1/4 tsp.) I couldn't wait 2 hours to taste it ... I broke down after 1 hour. I could have eaten the whole bowl all by myself!!! This is definitely going into my "Tried and True Favorite" cookbook. Thanks jrtfan :P
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or more, to taste, I use lots)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked, cleaned & deveined
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl except cilantro.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator, stirring occasionally, at least 2 hours, but overnight is better.
- Just before serving, stir in cilantro.
- I use Zesty Italian dressing and RoTel tomatoes, but you can use whatever dressing you prefer.