1/5 Photos of Jim's " Mexican Shrimp Cocktail"
12 hrs 10 mins
An easy spicy appetizer. I had to beg my friend to get this recipe from him. I have no idea where he got it. My grandchildren aren't fond of it, but most adults rave about it! (Oct, 08 I made this the other night again and decided to try it with some angel hair pasta tossed in. Made a great cold pasta salad!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped, undrained
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or more, to taste, I use lots)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked, cleaned & deveined
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl except cilantro.
- 2Cover and marinate in refrigerator, stirring occasionally, at least 2 hours, but overnight is better.
- 3Just before serving, stir in cilantro.
- 4I use Zesty Italian dressing and RoTel tomatoes, but you can use whatever dressing you prefer.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jim's " Mexican Shrimp Cocktail"
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 956.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 16.3 g