These are a big hit with my family!
Make and share this Jim's Individual Meatloaves recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, tomato juice, cheese, onion, oats, ketchup, salt and pepper. Add the ground beef, mixing well, and form this mixture into eight small individual meatloaves. Place these in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Stir thoroughly and spread over each meatloaf.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.
Made these to go with Morgan's Macaroni and Cheese#193162, Cheddar Cheezers Baked Macaroni#449703 and Zucchini & Onions With Mozzarella Cheese#390351 and they went over very well. This meatloaf is more moist than most that I make but I really enjoyed that and the topping (so did everyone else). Made for Spring PAC 2014.
This was just OK for us. I followed the recipe exactly as written but the meat mixture was really wet. If I would make it again, I don't think I would add the milk. We like a more solid meatloaf. It did have a good flavor to it, it was just too mushy for us.
These were great! I always add chili powder to my meatloaves so I added about a teaspoon to the mixture. I usually don't put a glaze or topping on top of my meatloaves but I tried it and its fabulous. I think it would be good without it too. Thanks for posting. Made for Best of 2012 cooking game.