Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I think this was a TOH recipe. At any rate - I like the flavor it gives the ham and I can always double the glaze if necessary!
- Score the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 inch deep.
- Place on a rack in a well-greased foil-lined roasting pan.
- Add water to pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, brown sugar, cloves and mustard; pour over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 1/2-2 hours basting with pan juices often. Add additional water to pan if necessary.
- *If you don't have a roasting pan - line a 9x13 pan with double layer foil. And proceed with recipe.
This may be the best ham I have ever cooked! Very moist! Important to score the ham.
Yummy and so easy. Was afraid I'd lose too much glaze, so baked the ham directly on a foil-covered roasting pan and omitted the water. Do not skip the foil! Basted the ham with the juices often and the result was wonderful. Ended up baking only about an hour. More than that and the glaze would have really burned. For a longer baking time I would hold back on the glaze, or add a little bit at a time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!