Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful dip for corn chips if you are tired of typical tomato based salsas. The longest part of the prep time is grilling the whole corn cobs on your grill.
- 1 tomatoes, chopped in large pieces
- 1⁄4 vidalia onion, chopped in large pieces
- 1⁄3 green pepper, chopped in large pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh curly-leaf parsley (a)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (b)
- 1 grilled ear of corn, stripped from cob (c)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Put all ingredients in a food processor briefly (you still want it to be chunky).
- Serve with White Corn Tortilla Chips.
- NOTE: This salsa will not be red in color.
- (a) Fresh curly parsley is about $1-$1.50 and worth it. Dried parsley is not recommended. Use kitchen scissors to snip the curly ends of the parsley off. Flat parsley is ok too.
- (b) Fresh cilantro is about $1-$1.50 and always worth it. Dried cilantro is NEVER an option. Remove the leaves from the stalk and chop the leaves only.
- (c) On that day, when you grill is on for other reasons, grill some corn and put it in the fridge for use later that week. Remove the husks from the corn but leave the stalk on the end to act as a handle. The stalk is handy when you want to turn the corn on the grill and when you put the knife to it to take the corn kernels off of it. Place it directly on the grill, turning occasionally. The corn should be charred lightly when done. (Approx 15-20 minutes on grill).
Easy to make & great taste, too, especially on a hot summer day! Was gonna cut the recipe in half, but am glad I didn't 'cause it still didn't last much more than 24 hours or so with the 2 of us pigging out on it! Really liked the combo of the sweet onion & freshly grilled corn! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook tag]