Recipe by Janabelle
This was my Dad's best dish. He was a self made chef for many years and worked in the Country clubs and restuarants in the South.
Top Review by gabbysowner
Wonderful. I wrapped the chicken breasts with the bacon and fried them to cut back on the baking time. Also heated the soup mixture and added minced garlic to it. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (5 ounce) jar dried beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pepper chicken breasts.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each breast and secure with toothpick.
- Place layer of dried beef in bottom of baking dish.
- place a wrapped breast on top of beef.
- Cover with mixture of soups,sour cream and cream cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Place in 325 degree oven for 2 hours, remove foil and let brown slightly.
- Serve over rice.