Recipe by didyb
My husband loves these beans-- he'll even cook them for a special occasion!! We do love anything that includes bacon.
Top Review by sugarpea
Divine green beans. I had my doubts but I'm a believer now. I used fresh, grated onion and subbed olive oil for the butter.The baking time allows the cheese to melt and the bread crumbs to brown and crisp so don't skip that step.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 -6 slices bacon, crisp and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap beans to 1 inch pieces.
- Put in boiling water and cook 5 minutes.
- Cover, reduce heat and cook about 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Drain and place in ungreased glass 9X9 casserole dish.
- Mix oil, vinegar, onion, salt, garlic powder, and pepper; stir well.
- Pour mixture over the beans.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and mix well.
- Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and butter.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of the beans.
- Bake uncovered in 350°F oven for 20-30 minutes until heated through.