Recipe by jimf57
You will love these pancakes. I always make extra and freeze them so my granddaughter can have some before school. Quick Tips: How to Freeze Pancakes - 1. Place a sheet of wax paper between each pancake and stack together. 2. Wrap the stack of pancakes tightly in aluminum foil or place inside a heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze. 3. Use the frozen pancakes within 1 to 2 months for best quality. Next Tip: How to Reheat Frozen Pancakes: - Microwave: Remove foil and wax paper. Place 3 frozen pancakes in a stack on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave uncovered on high for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until heated through. - OR - Conventional Oven: Place frozen pancakes in a single layer on a cookie sheet and cover with foil. Bake in a 375°F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until hot.
Top Review by Oreta R.
These pancakes are awesome!! I would dare say they are as good or better than any pancake house I've been too. If I could give 1 tip though, after mixing your batter, let it stand for 5 minutes. This tip will produce even lighter and taller pancakes!
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml white sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml buttermilk
- 78.07 ml milk
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 51.76 ml butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, milk, vanilla extract, eggs and melted butter.
- IMPORTANT: Keep these two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, using a whisk or fork to blend. Stir until it's just blended together.
- Ladle the batter onto the griddle until they form a pancake that is approximately 5 inches in diameter. When you see the edges look dry, or the bubbles are not being filled in after popping, flip it. The second side will be done in about 2-3 minutes. Be sure both sides are brown and serve hot.