1/1 Photo of Jim's Burgers
Halcyon Eve's Note:
This was a specialty of my Grandfather's. I've loved them my whole life, and now my husband and son love them, too. For extra kick, use Pepper Jack instead of plain Monterey Jack cheese. Prep and cooking times are estimates, since I don't time myself and cooking time depends on desired doneness. Time doesn't include heating grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If necessary, start coals heating (if using), start grill, or preheat broiler.
- 2Spritz bread slices with olive oil on each side.
- 3Shape beef into oblong patties to fit the bread slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Grill or broil patties until cooked to taste, about 12-15 minutes for medium well (depending on heat source).
- 5Meanwhile, broil or toast bread slices, turning once, until golden on both sides.
- 6Top patties with cheese slices and grill or broil a few seconds longer, until cheese barely starts to melt.
- 7Place patties on toasted bread, top with chili strips, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jim's Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.6
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 1201.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 37.2 g