Recipe by senseicheryl
My husband loves blueberries and he didn't even mind that I consider it a "Weight Watcher" recipe.
- 4 teaspoons artificial sweetener, i. e. Splenda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups unsweetened frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with Pam for Baking Spray.
- Stir together the following: 1 cup of the Splenda, the flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- Blend in the vanilla, the butter and the egg whites.
- The dough will be somewhat crumbly.
- Pat half of the dough into the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining 1/2 cup of Splenda and the cornstarch.
- Gently mix in the frozen blueberries.
- Sprinkle the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the blueberry layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top is slightly brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Refrigerate for keeping.